How to Express Your Love with Romantic Valentine’s Day Gifts
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you’re probably wondering how you can express your love without breaking the bank, or going into overload about the problem of finding the most perfect and romantic Valentine’s Day gifts. You’ll be pleased to know it’s really quite easy, as long as you’re prepared to put some thought into it. There are hundreds, if not thousands of gifts to choose from, and plenty of romantic Valentine ideas that will cost absolutely nothing at all.
There are plenty of females who love to receive chocolates and flowers, whatever the occasion, but how about trying something a little away from more mainstream Valentine gifts and trying something different? That being said, whatever you choose should show your wife or girlfriend how much you care about her. And don’t worry if you need some inspiration, because that’s why we’re here.
Romantic Valentine ideas that will make her weak at the knees
We’ve asked around and come up with some really romantic Valentine’s ideas that we’d love to share with you.
Print some love coupons
You can get a bit of help with this romantic Valentine idea online, or you can create something yourself. The idea is to give her loads of coupons that she can exchange at different times throughout the year. You can include ‘kiss vouchers’ to be exchanged for a hug, breakfast in bed, back massage coupons along with messages of your undying love.
Breakfast in bed is a romantic way to start the day
You never know this might lead to spending the whole day, or at least the morning cuddled up next to your beloved. But be sure to get the kids over to their grandparents so there are no interruptions. You might want to switch off your mobile phone and book the day off work, because your wife is certainly going to be bowled over.
Organise a memorable date
You might have been married for years, but a date night is still going to be something that excites her. Valentine’s Day is a great time to rekindle some of that early years passion and romance because it’s highly likely that everyday life has got in the way. Make it a surprise and try and be spontaneous. Send her a text, if she’s at work, and invite her out for lunch. Or arrange to meet at a local bar after work and then whisk her off for a romantic dinner. You should also consider arranging to meet her at the movies, because you know her favourite movie stars latest offering is showing.
Plan a romantic getaway from it all
Canada might be icy cold for much of the year but there are some romantic destinations that are worthy of a visit if you’re looking for romantic Valentine’s ideas.
- Whistler, British Columbia – The combination of cosy indoor relaxation and exhilaratingly cold outdoor pursuits makes this a perfect destination if you’re looking for some fun and romance.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario – This is a very popular destination for weddings, honeymoons and romantic getaways because this picturesque town seems to have been made for romance.
- Newfoundland – This province is home to some very aptly named romantic destinations such as Heart’s Content, Cupid and Heart’s Desire. If you’re looking for a spot where you can let your hair down and get away from it all then there are plenty of coastal towns to delight your beloved.
- A Rocky Mountain retreat – Cuddle up next to your sweetheart in a mountain retreat, and let the worries of the world slip by as you gaze into the blazing fire. If you’re looking for a bit of adventure as well you can try skiing, skating, kayaking, snowboarding and even golf.
- Love, Saskatchewan – It might home to only 100 people, but once every year the local Post Office is inundated with mail, sent in order to receive the village’s famous stamp cancellation before travelling onto it’s final destination.
- Nova Scotia – You all know that oysters are an aphrodisiac so why not take a trip to a destination where you can enjoy such tasty morsels? Your dining experience may have some welcome side effects, as you’ll have the chance to sample the award-winning Ruisseau oysters that have been gathered locally from the cold, clear waters of Eel Lake.
Those are just a few suggestions to whet your appetite for romance, it’s time to look at a couple more that won’t make a big dent in your wallet.
Romantic Valentine’s Day ideas that won’t break the bank
Spending a heap of money is not going to ensure your success if you’re looking for romantic Valentine’s Day gifts for her. There are plenty of inexpensive ways to show your wife or girlfriend how much they mean to you.
The gift of your time
How much time do you actually spend together, just the two of you? Modern life is so fast-paced that there is little time for sharing special moments with those that you love. Why not spoil her for the day, starting off with breakfast in bed? Run her a bath and then set up some relaxing activities that the two of you can enjoy together. It could be something as simple as a ‘duvet and pyjamas day’ ending up with a candlelit dinner.
You’ve got a talent so share it
Is there something that you’re particularly good at, that you don’t mind sharing with the one that you love? Cook up a storm in the kitchen or bake her a cake if you’re a culinary whizz. Make her a jewellery box if you’re handy with wood. If you’d like to try something crafty then you can make homemade potpourri or bath salts. Even if you’re not very adept there are some great homemade ideas for Valentines gift online.
Now you’re ready to get on with the preparations for a romantic Valentine’s Day that will top any other year. Buying gifts for your loved one is never going to be completely stress-free. Life however, is all about challenges, so you’ve got to be up for it surely?. There’s lots of help available, not just from us. Think about what you’re doing and it’s bound to be a success.